Cattle Producers’ Code of Ethics
California cattle producers recognize their livelihood and way of life are dependent upon the wise stewardship of all livestock and natural resources.
CCA members pledge to meet the following standards:
- Produce a quality, wholesome, nutritious product.
- Provide a high standard of livestock health.
- Manage livestock in a humane manner.
- Use and maintain transportation and handling facilities that provide livestock health and safety.
- Provide routine observation of livestock for the animals' health and well-being.
- Provide feed and water to maintain livestock health and productivity.
- Consult with a licensed veterinarian concerning health care practices.
- Use approved livestock health products according to the label directions.
- Sustain and conserve natural resources by proper management of land, air, water and wildlife.
- Support and maintain rural and family traditions important to our society.