California cattle producers recognize their livelihood and way of life are
dependent upon the wise stewardship of all livestock and natural resources.
CCA members pledge to meet the following standards:
- Produce a quality, wholesome, nutritious product.
- Provide a high standard of livestock health.
- Manage livestock in a humane manner.
- Use and maintain transportation and handling facilities that provide livestock health and safety.
- Provide routine observation of livestock for the animals' health and well-being.
- Provide feed and water to maintain livestock health and productivity.
- Consult with a licensed veterinarian concerning health care practices.
- Use approved livestock health products according to the label directions.
- Sustain and conserve natural resources by proper management of land, air, water and wildlife.
- Support and maintain rural and family traditions important to our society.